The home office is increasingly appearing in apartment interior design projects. With the development of technology, people in many professions can afford to work at home. And the arrangement of a comfortable workplace is in demand not only in private homes, but also in small apartments.
The project should take into account the activities of its owner and personal preferences for comfort. But there are a number of general rules for the interior design of the home office, regardless of the chosen style.
- Ergonomics. Whether a large room or a corner in the living room is reserved for workspace, the furniture must be adapted to the physical parameters of the owner.
- Temperance in the interior palette, setting and decor. Design is not overloaded with distracting details. Especially if the room is planned to conduct personal negotiations. Intimate life should not be exhibited.
- Isolation. This part of the apartment is not penetrated by extraneous sounds, the room is secluded. The reverse side – the activities of the owner of the office, telephone conversations and conversations with guests do not distract other tenants.
- Placement of the table relative to the door. Sitting at the table sees all who enter the room. Positioning his back to the door causes discomfort.
- The window is on the left side of the sitter. It is not desirable to sit back to the window. Then the gaze will be directed to a dark corner all the time, which reduces the visual acuity.
- Furniture for sitting. The very need for an office speaks for sitting work. A person spends every day for several hours in a chair. The choice of this furniture is given special attention. The main parameters: adjustable height, headrest, armrests.
- The location of office equipment and lighting is thought over before repair. Depending on the number of electrical appliances, a socket layout plan is developed. The wires should not be visible and should not be tangled underfoot. The electrical outlets themselves do more than is necessary at the moment to enable new equipment to be connected.
- Storage systems. Documents and books required for work are at hand. Boxes and shelves next to the table are designed for this purpose.
First, you need to think about a room plan. Once the location is determined, the interior style is selected. Finishes, furniture, light and décor are selected according to this style. It is important to understand that the office is not just a workspace. The relaxation zone is designed and placed in the same room.
Remember ergonomics: there’s plenty of space behind the chair, storage space for books and papers is at arm’s length, and there’s enough library shelves to arrange business literature.
Where you can set up an office
In a private home, there is a separate room for the study. The work desk is also conveniently placed in the space under the stairs. Often the attic is used for this purpose.
In city apartments, there are options for placing the working space:
- an insulated loggia;
- the end of a long corridor fenced with compartment doors;
- a section of a large wardrobe;
- storage room;
- area in the bedroom or living room, separated from the living space by a screen, light partition, curtain or shelving.
Home Office Decoration
The choice of materials depends on the style in which the interior design is made out. But it is preferable to take a natural finish or materials that imitate natural textures.
Especially carefully thought out the design of walls at the computer. This part is constantly before the eyes of the worker. Walls can be covered with decorative plaster, pale paint, texture under the brick.
The ceiling in the interior is simple. Even if the room is isolated, the space in the study is usually small, undesirable paintings and bright ornaments on the ceiling. For design like rustic, loft is allowed wooden beams. Modern styles allow for stretching and suspended ceilings.
Traditionally, laminate, parquet, poured floors or matt ceramic tiles are used for flooring.
Large spaces are zoned with light partitions or shelves. Relaxation and work areas can be visually separated by different colours, local lighting, differences in materials, different levels of ceiling, podium.
The set of furniture depends on the area allocated to the office. But even in a small apartment mandatory attributes – a table, a work chair and shelves.
In the conditions of small space, think of models-transformers or sliding elements. The stationary PC is better to replace a laptop, to accommodate office equipment pick up a table with a vertical superstructure.
In a large room, emphasize the respectability of the environment. Choose a massive comfortable desk according to the interior design of your room.
If the office is set up for many years, choose quality furniture made of natural materials. Such models are more expensive, but a table made of chipboard and a chair with leather upholstery will quickly become unusable and in the end you will overpay.